بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
for the New Hijriy Year of 1438
Having Perseverance on Hardships, Calamities and all Types of Injustice and Tyranny Bismillaahi Rahmani Raheem
Praise is to Allah the Lord of the Worlds and may Allah grant mercy and peace to our Master Muhammad the best of the noble Prophets and Messengers, his Muslim Family, his companions the straightforward and pure as well as to those who follow them without deviation until Judgment Day.
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Assalaamu `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh
The New Hijriy Year comes this time and our hearts vastly miss the Beloved Mustafaa, may Allah’s mercy and peace upon him. We are greatly yearning to meet him in Paradise whose width is bigger than the skies and earth. We are also full with renewed hope that Allah will bring out our Nation safe from the overwhelming chaos, wars and tribulations that have exhausted it and protect Palestine and the ˊAqsa Mosque from the enemies’ plot.
Allah said in his Great Book (AtTawbah, 40):
﴿إِلَّا تَنْصُرُوهُ فَقَدْ نَصَرَهُ اللَّهُ إِذْ أَخْرَجَهُ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا ثَانِيَ اثْنَيْنِ إِذْ هُمَا فِي الْغَارِ إِذْ يَقُولُ لِصَاحِبِهِ لَا تَحْزَنْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَنَا ۖ فَأَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ سَكِينَتَهُ عَلَيْهِ وَأَيَّدَهُ بِجُنُودٍ لَمْ تَرَوْهَا وَجَعَلَ كَلِمَةَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا السُّفْلَىٰ ۗ وَكَلِمَةُ اللَّهِ هِيَ الْعُلْيَا ۗ وَاللَّهُ عَزِيزٌ حَكِيمٌ﴾
No doubt, Allah made his Noble Prophet victorious and saved him from the deceit of his enemies. Allah eased the Messenger’s Migration Journey by giving him the truthful companion, Abu Bakr asSiddeeq, may Allah raise his rank. Moreover, Allah showered them with his support and acceptance.
Allah, the Glorified, said (Ghaafir, 51):
(إِنَّا لَنَنْصُرُ رُسُلَنَا وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَيَوْمَ يَقُومُ الْأَشْهَادُ)
Allah, the Glorified, promised to give the believers the undeniable victory. Indeed,
• Allah relieved them of the rough times they had experienced,
• Allah facilitated ease instead of them having impediments and
• Allah provided them with prosperity after they had confronted scarceness.
The lessons learned from the Migration’s story are plenty and among them are:
• To have perseverance in face of calamities and hardships and all types of injustices and tyranny,
• To withstand confronting falsehood, and
• To support the true matters with courage, determination and strength.
Out of being delighted by this magnificent occasion, which is occurring while our Nation is experiencing the current circumstances, we are encouraged to multiply our efforts to spread the truth and the untarnished word.
The Prophet, mercy and peace upon him, migrated to AlMadinah AlMunawwarah in the month of Safar (and not in Muharram as it is commonly thought) and the believers welcomed him with jubilance, assured of Allah’s blessing because of the Prophet’s presence among them.
The Prophet, mercy and peace upon him, called the city of Yathrib AlMadinah AlMunawwarah, established the Brotherly Unity among the Immigrants and the Ansar, and built his Mosque.
• The Muslims’ outlooks become that of one person’s outlooks not dissected because of greed for this life, jealousy or hatred for one another.
• Their unity manifests the example of the well-structured building whose bricks strengthen one another.
• Their affection to one another and their mercy towards one another depicts one body; when one of its organs complains, all the body rushes to rescue it with tender care and reciprocal feeling.
Makkah AlMukarramah is the most blessed of Allah’s lands to Allah. In it the Ka`bah is situated, the First Mosque built on earth for worshipping Allah. The Noble Prophet, mercy and peace upon him, left Makkah for AlMadinah when Allah ordered him by revelation to do so and after the non-Muslims’ harm against the Muslims had intensified. Allah showed the Prophet, mercy and peace upon him, the region to which he would migrate and informed him about its description. The Prophet, mercy and peace upon him, migrated to AlMadinah and inhabited it for eight years. He then came back to Makkah accompanied with the Immigrants.
• Before the migration, some of the Immigrants, like Suhayb ArRoomiyy, left their money to the pagans so that they would let them migrate to the Prophet, mercy and peace upon him.
• Some of them experienced the non-Muslims’ severe harm like Umm Kulthoom. She was one of the believers and her father was `Uqbah bin abi Mu`ayt. He was among the staunchest and most harmful enemies to the Prophet, mercy and peace upon him. Umm Kulthoom left Makkah to AlMadinah by herself without a companion seeking safety for her Religion.
• The story of Umar’s migration shows his strong love to Islam and his full dedication and devotion for the sake of Allah. Before the Prophet’s migration by seven days, `Umar gathered the forty weak individuals who were going to migrate with him. During the day time, he took his sword out of its sheath and came to Daarun Nadwah, where Quraysh usually used to meet, and said to Quraysh’s strong men with a loud, non-apologetic voice:
O Quraysh whoever wishes to have his head severed off his body, his mother to lose him, his wife to become a widow, his son to become an orphan or his soul to leave his body, let him follow me beyond this valley, as I am migrating to Yathrib.
None had the courage to stand against him and his migration. They surely knew that `Umar possesses resolve and might and would do what he says.
• Also, among the Migration’s blessings was the case of a woman and her son. She left to AlMadinah before the Prophet, mercy and peace upon him, and her son became sick and died on the way. She became extremely sad. She said:
O Allah You know that I did not migrate for other than seeking your blessings, and out of loving You and your Prophet. O Allah do not make the enemies ridicule me.
Her son, then, moved under the shroud and immediately stood up. Allah revived him, as Allah has the Power to do anything possible. His mother said he ate and we ate together. He remained alive until the caliphate of `Umar, may Allah raise his rank.
The Prophet’s Way
Dear Brothers and Sisters
Allah, the Glorified, does not accept any religious deed unless it complies with the Prophet’s way. It means that praying and fasting and other religious doings are not acceptable to Allah, unless they are consistent with what the Prophet, mercy and peace upon him, has conveyed.
We have to follow this methodology and work out of submission to Allah, having Taqwaa, because this life is the Hereafter’s farm, as the Prophet, mercy and peace upon him said:
This life is the believer’s prison and the blasphemer’s paradise.
He, mercy and peace upon him, also said:
Life is the believer’s prison and starvation when he/she dies, he/she leaves out the prison and starvation.
Allah made this life an abode of work. What a great status is there for the one who works in this life for the Hereafter by:
• Having the correct belief,
• Abiding by Taqwaa and
• Holding tight to the truth.
Let us have perseverance as the Prophet, mercy and peace upon him, showed us. He was the one who would not abandon the call to believing in Allah. The atheists’ harm to him and to his followers would not slow him down from striving to spread the call to believing in Allah.
Quraysh and Abu Taalib
It happened that the pagans came to the Prophet’s uncle Abu Taalib and said:
O Abu Taalib what does your nephew want? If he is seeking prestige we will give it him and will not decide upon a matter without his permission; if it is money he seeks, we will collect money for him until he becomes the richest among us; if what he seeks is monarchy, we will crown him as our king.
However, the Prophet, mercy and peace upon him, replied and said:
Wallaahi O Uncle if they placed the sun in my right and the moon in my left asking me to leave this matter, I would not leave it until Allah spreads it or I die calling for it.
I ask Allah, the Glorified and the Exalted, to bring back this occasion and our Muslim fellows in Palestine, Arab countries and other Muslim countries are enjoying goodness and peacefulness.
I ask Allah to relieve us of calamities and to facilitate for the Nation the means of safety from the evil of the enemies who are roundly vigilant to harm it whether from inside or outside.
Wassalaamu `alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh